Today Sphere 3D, a virtualization and data management solutions provider, announced that it’s G-Series appliances powered by Glassware 2.0(TM) Windows Containerization Technology is available for customers who are looking to virtualize production Windows applications and upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10.
G-Series Availability and Features Includes:
- The G-Series appliance is generally available to authorized Sphere 3D North American channel partners today
- For more information on the G-Series family, please go to the G-Series Product page at this link http://sphere3d.com/glassware-gseries/
- A hyper-converged appliance that provides a complete end-to-end solution for optimizing and simplifying application delivery to any device
- The G-Series is designed to integrate with Sphere 3D’s SnapServer, SnapCLOUD and SnapScale or other third party networked storage infrastructure
- The appliances scale linearly to support 1000′s of users and can scale out from local to global deployments.
About Glassware 2.0
Sphere 3D’s Glassware 2.0 container-based platform extends the useful life of applications by making it easy to move applications from a physical PC or workstation to a virtual environment. Unlike hypervisor-based approaches, with Glassware 2.0 containers, the application’s host OS is never installed on the appliance (server). Instead, Glassware 2.0 provides only the necessary elements of the operating system (kernel) an application needs to run. Organizations with older applications can now continue to run them on robust and current hardware platforms free from fears of end of life support and security vulnerabilities. Glassware 2.0 can virtualize 16, 32, and 64-bit Microsoft Windows applications and deliver them with native functionality to most end user devices including Chromebooks, Windows 10 Devices, iPads, thin clients, tablets, etc.
About Sphere 3D
Sphere 3D Corp. (NASDAQ:ANY) delivers virtualization technology and data management products that enable workload-optimized solutions. We achieve this through a combination of virtual applications, virtual desktops, virtual storage and physical hyper-converged platforms. Sphere 3D’s value proposition is simple and direct–we allow organizations to deploy a combination of public, private or hybrid cloud strategies while backing them up with state of the art storage solutions at the most affordable price. Sphere 3D, along with its wholly-owned subsidiaries Overland Storage and Tandberg Data, has a strong portfolio of brands including Glassware 2.0TM, SnapCLOUDTM, SnapScale®, SnapServer®, V3, RDX®, and NEO®. For more information, visit www.sphere3d.com.